Air India Express accident at Calicut was facilitated by the regulator, how?

Image
  Air India Airbus Landing at Port Blair (Source Dr Puneet) Blaming the pilots alone for an accident is like addressing the symptom rather than the root cause. The root cause of the Calicut accident of IX1344 on 7th Aug 2020 is the poor safety culture prevalent in India and the ineffective regulatory oversight. This landing(YouTube video) can be categorized as a deliberate attempt to endanger the lives of passengers and crew. This is not the Calicut landing but a landing at another critical airport where most of the year the airport experiences tailwinds. Since the airport has a unidirectional runway ( landing from one direction only), the flight crew has no option but to land in tailwinds. The situation worsens during the monsoons when there is a tailwind and the runway is wet and braking action reduces. Action has not been taken either by the regulator or by the airline safety. Why? What is the role of the regulator? The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is the regulatory

Certificate by National Association of Flight Instructors, USA for my contributions

NFAI

 NAFI provides valuable resources to all flight educators to further its 50+ year commitment to raise and maintain the professional standing of flight instructors in the aviation community. NAFI members follow a Code of Ethics in their flight instruction practices that provides a standard of character and professionalism, setting them apart in the flight training community.

I thank NAFI for honouring me with a certificate of membership for my contributions towards sharing knowledge, seeking professional development, continued learning and personal growth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Air India Express accident at Calicut was facilitated by the regulator, how?

Much defended, Kozhikode Runway RESA & Runway Strip do not meet ICAO standards

Spicejet bends all rules to fly to Gangtok airport risking lives, in the wake of Calicut accident